Medical transcriptionists need to follow some codes of ethics forprotecting the privacy and confidentiality of the patient information. In thisarticle; we look at these codes of ethics and understand how they affect themedical transcriptionists.
Medical transcription business is a highly demanding affair which deals withprotecting the personal information of patients in a highly secure manner. The codes of ethics have been designed insuch a manner that they are applicable to healthcare in general and medicaltranscription in particular.
The Association for HealthcareDocumentation Integrity (AHDI) initially developed these codes of ethics forits members. Now these guidelines work as a framework for medical transcriptioncompanies.
Let us now look at some of therules and regulations laid by AHDI which help medical transcriptionists inproviding quality services to the clients:
- Confidentiality of patient information: Confidentiality of patient information is of paramount importance to medical transcription companies. It includes peer reviews, quality improvement and risk management protocols with special effort to maintain data security in electronic communications.
- Maintain standards of professional transcription practice: Proper implementation and maintenance of standards for professional transcription practice.
- Accurate and timely information: Always strive to provide accurate and timely information.
- Compliance with rules and regulations for patient documentation: Compliance with all laws, rules, regulations and standards governing practice of patient documentation.
- Exercise integrity in professional practices: Always strive for professional practices including work or professional experience, credentials, affiliations, productivity reporting, billing charges and payment practices.
- Respect the rights and dignity of all individuals: Every individual has a unique thing to offer. Hence; it is very important to understand the needs of every individual and respect their rights and dignity.
- Encourage work environment which promotes integrity and professionalism amongst employees: Create a working environment where employees are thorough professionals facilitating integrity and protecting personal information of the patients.
Medical transcription business ismore than just converting voice files into typewritten documents. A simpleerror can even cause death of a patient. Hence; it is very important for medical transcription companies to train their employees beforehand so that they can providethe services as per the guidelines provided by The Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI).
Mediscribes, Inc. is one of the fastest growing Medical Transcription & document management systems providers in UnitedStates, based in Metro Louisville. Mediscribes is an ISO 9000-2001 certifiedcompany, rendering cost-effective consolidated transcription solutions to majorhospitals, clinics, and other healthcare facilities in United States. Mediscribesis the most value-providing organization in the market today with a strongpresence in America and offshore locations. The firm specializes in providinghighly accurate transcription adhering to ADHI guidelines in unbeatableturnaround time with robust & proven document management system as itsvantage point to its esteemed clientele.
Mediscribes provides end-to-end transcription solutions asits primary offering. For our customers, we focus on dictation systems, bothASP as well as enterprise level solutions, with the help of our most valuedasset ezVoiceIntelligence (ezVI),providing specialty-specific qualitative transcription along with a “whole nineyards” document management system. Mediscribes specializes in EMR dataintegration as well. Our data dispatch department is highly proficient inintegrating transcribed reports into any type of EMR. Healthcare facilitiesthat do not have EMR get the option to use our web-based file monitoringinterface called eTranscribe for global access to their data. eTranscribe hasspecial features of E-signing, E-faxing, auto-printing, and user-friendlydocument search criteria.
For additional information, please visit http://www.mediscribes.com
Media Contact (Mediscribes)
Copyright © 2009. Mediscribes.
Mediscribes is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved.