Medical transcription services are a valuable component of data management for any healthcare organization and present several benefits of companies of all sizes. Instead of investing the time and money to train employees of an organization for dictation capture and reporting, medical transcription services can manage all of these operations – and more. Medical transcription companies are a valuable outsourced resource for the healthcare industry, and there are several benefits for sending dictation projects to another party. Here are the key benefits of medical transcription services:
- HIPAA-compliant services. Medical transcription services are designed to be fully-HIPAA compliant and all data is secure. Secure data transmission is increasingly important today as files are transferred across the web and downloaded onto various interfaces. Medical transcription services can ensure all relevant data is encrypted and secured according to industry standards.
- Easy access to data any time of day. When your physicians need to access and retrieve specific pieces of data, medical transcription services make it easy to obtain the data from a phone or other digital device 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Files and information is stored in a secure central area where all members of your healthcare organization can have access to.
- Confidential information. Transcribed materials are stored in a highly secure server and database, and steps are taken to ensure all documents remain confidential. This is also in compliance with HIPAA laws and regional rules and regulations that require patient information to be kept confidential at all times.
- Access to customer service. If you’re experiencing technical difficulties in retrieving your information or have questions about any of the services from the company, medical transcription services available to you may include access to a toll-free phone number for customer support. Having the ability to interact with a customer service department takes away the stress of worrying about data transmission and transfer problems.
- Fast turnaround times. Most medical transcription services can be performed within 24-48 hours, which means you’ll have the projects completed within a reasonable time frame. When you need a dictation for a specific patient or client, it’s easy to contact the service provider for a faster turnaround if needed.
- Lowered costs overall. Outsourcing medical transcription services can cut costs dramatically for your healthcare organization so you can invest your resources in other departments and critical areas. Instead of spending the time to train and educate staff members about the process, you can count on a reliable company to manage all of the important elements of transcription.
- Improved workflow. Medical transcription services can be synced with your e-mail addresses and other contact management tools for improved workflow. This means you can expect to receive documents and data at a faster rate than conventional methods such as mail and package deliveries.
- High quality work. High quality documents and reports are essential for your organization, and medical transcription services from a reliable company will ensure the highest quality standards. Most companies employ an extensive quality control system to make sure every item is produced and distributed with accuracy.
Above article originally published on