There are lots of medical transcription companies that opt for outsourcing medical transcriptionists instead of in-house medical transcriptionists. In this article, we look at various benefits derived by an organization, if they opt for in-house medical transcriptionists.
Medical Transcriptionist is one of the most demanding jobs present in the market. With the help of Medical Transcription services, medical practitioners can lessen their burden of electronic documentation for all patient records. But the major question that the medical practitioners face is, whether they wish to outsource these services or hire someone in-house. We are all aware that there are two options available to medical practitioners to take care of the transcription needs. They are:
Let us now look at some of the benefits of hiring an in-house medical transcriptionist:
- Availability of staff member throughout the day:One of the advantages of recruiting an in-house medical transcriptionist is that their services can be rendered throughout the day. Their day-to-day tasks includes:
- Correcting errors
- Making changes
- Carrying out new tasks on regular basis
They are also trained to become accustomed with:
- Medical terminology
- Lexicons associated with the medical profession
- Brand names and phrases which help medical transcriptionists to carry out their daily tasks smoothly
- To maintain secrecy for honoring any confidential agreement: If the organization has signed any confidential agreement due to sensitivity of the information to be derived, it is always recommended to opt for an in-house medical transcriptionist. This makes it easier for the organization to keep the flow of information in check. The in-house medical transcriptionist is directly accountable for honoring the confidential agreement.
- Flexibility in responding to changing business environment: If there are abrupt changes in the business environment of the organization, hiring in-house medical transcriptionists is the only option. They can adapt to the changing business situation, and can apply their logic in providing necessary services swiftly.
- Total control of manager: Manager has total control over in-house medical transcriptionists. It is much easier for the managers to manage the transcriptionists effectively, as they are working in the same domain/building of the organization. They can even give regular instructions to the in-house medical transcriptionists about their day-to-day activities.
- Performance based appraisal: The in-house transcriptionists are full-time employees of the organization. But their appraisal is based totally on performance, hence, they have the additional incentive to raise their bar, and prove their efficiency to grow in the organization. This makes the performance of the in-house transcriptionists formidable.
- Increased quality and efficiency: If medical transcriptions are outsourced from a third party, the files that the organization receives may not be of superior quality. It is also possible that the transcribed files do not reach on time. Even if the organization gets the files on it, checking them to ensure the quality becomes a headache. Hence, it is always advisable for the organization to recruit in-house medical transcriptionists, who can deliver the quality on timely basis.
- Preserving sensitive data with the organization: When an organization outsources medical transcriptions to a third party they take a risk of losing sensitive data to the outsourced party. By hiring in-house transcriptionists, the organization can preserve the sensitive data and honor their part of agreement with the client.
Recruiting in-house medical transcriptionists has its own sets of advantages and disadvantages. Being a Global Medical Transcription Companie, we understand the needs of our clients, and can provide customized solutions as per their needs. If you wish to learn more about Mediscribes, click here.
Mediscribes, Inc. is one of the fastest growing transcription & document management systems providers in United States, based in Metro Louisville. Mediscribes is an ISO 9000-2001 certified company, rendering cost-effective consolidated transcription solutions to major hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare facilities in United States. Mediscribes is the most value-providing organization in the market today with a strong presence in America and offshore locations. The firm specializes in providing highly accurate transcription adhering to ADHI guidelines in unbeatable turnaround time with robust & proven document management system as its vantage point to its esteemed clientele.
Mediscribes provides end-to-end transcription solutions as its primary offering. For our customers, we focus on dictation systems, both ASP as well as enterprise level solutions, with the help of our most valued asset ezVoiceIntelligence (ezVI), providing specialty-specific qualitative transcription along with a “whole nine yards” document management system. Mediscribes specializes in EMR data integration as well. Our data dispatch department is highly proficient in integrating transcribed reports into any type of EMR. Healthcare facilities that do not have EMR get the option to use our web-based file monitoring interface called eTranscribe for global access to their data. eTranscribe has special features of E-signing, E-faxing, auto-printing, and user-friendly document search criteria.
For additional information, please visit http://www.mediscribes.com
Media Contact (Mediscribes)
Copyright © 2009. Mediscribes.
Mediscribes is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved.